Saturday, February 27, 2021

Pinhead's Spring Solstice

Yesterday, February 26, Pinhead, our only chicken, not only stepped out of the chicken house when I opened it, but went up onto her special rock on the ridge and sat there in the sun all day, during which I discovered that over the last couple of weeks she had resumed laying eggs and produced a clutch of eight...non-fertile of course, their being no roostes about, not even pheasant cocks, so I brought the eggs to the kitchen...and even she will get back her share. But when it got near sundown, Pinhead was still there on her rock, so I went away and came back later and she was still there. So I got closer, and we had a little talk. I will not repeat here what was said, but you can see that it worked out. And then I went to bed.

No comments: